We are always looking for in-kind donations of household items, furniture, kitchen items, bikes, cars, car seats, and more for our newcomer refugee clients. These refugees arrive in the United States with very little money and no belongings. As part of our resettlement program, we help each new refugee family furnish their apartment.
Examples of needed items include:
- Small household items: pots, pans, kitchen utensils, plates, bowls, glasses, cups, silverware, baking pans, serving platters, small appliances, lamps, vacuums, irons.
- Household furniture: beds, dressers, nightstands, lamps, couches, coffee tables, small dining tables with chairs.
- Baby items: Cribs, bassinets, high chairs, strollers, car seats, booster seats, educational toys/games, diapers.
- School supplies: backpacks, lunch boxes, pencils, pens, binders, lined paper, notebooks, markers, colored pencils, scissors, tape, staplers.
- Toiletries: newly purchased shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, dental floss, lotion, shaving items.
If you are interested in donating any of these items to a newly arriving refugee, please contact:
(925) 927-2000, ext. 103