JFCS/East Bay is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Jewish Family & Children’s Services of the East Bay (JFCS/East Bay) is an innovative human services agency that has served individuals and families throughout Alameda and Contra Costa counties since 1877. Rooted in our values of compassion, excellence, inclusion, and community, JFCS/East Bay provides a range of high-quality, multilingual mental health and social services to East Bay residents across all ages, races, religions, and cultures.
JFCS/East Bay is proud to provide services to older adults and their families; Holocaust survivors; children, teachers, and parents; refugees and immigrants; and people seeking affordable counseling services. Our staff of over 60 employees is characterized by its dedication, teamwork, warmth, humor, and high professional standards. JFCS/East Bay actively seeks to hire qualified professionals who reflect the cultural and linguistic diversity of the East Bay and of our clients.
JFCS/East Bay seeks a Spanish-Speaking Program Assistant to support our Immigration Attorney with administrative duties and community outreach in Contra Costa County. The Program Assistant reports to and works closely with the Immigration Attorney. This position is 11.5 hours per week and is based at our Walnut Creek office.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Assist attorney with scheduling of appointments and gathering information for grant reports.
- Prepare translations of Spanish language documents.
- Provide timely and accurate file management including file organization, filing, and case notes.
- Assist clients with gathering documents necessary to establish eligibility for services.
- Support workshop planning and group application processing efforts.
- Prepare and/or distribute outreach and educational materials such as flyers and Q&A sheets to the community and partner agencies.
- Participate in activities to promote programs and initiatives for JFCS/East Bay and our partners.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all information relating to clients and potential clients.
- Work independently and as part of team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of general office operations.
- Flexibility, patience, compassion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with Spanish-speaking immigrant communities preferred.
Compensation is competitive, depending on experience. Great colleagues and a friendly work environment.
Interested and qualified applicants, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Jewish Family & Children’s Services of the East Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer