Jewish Family & Children’s Services of the East Bay (JFCS/East Bay) is an innovative social service agency that has served individuals and families throughout Alameda and Contra Costa counties since 1877. We are proud to provide multilingual services to older adults and their families, Holocaust survivors, children and their parents, refugees and immigrants, people with disabilities, and an array of adults and children who come to us for high-quality affordable mental health services. Our staff of 62 employees is characterized by its dedication, teamwork, warmth, humor, and high professional standards. JFCS/East Bay actively seeks to hire qualified professionals who reflect the cultural and linguistic diversity of the East Bay and of our clients. Agency offices are located in Berkeley, Walnut Creek, and Oakland.
JFCS/East Bay is looking for a Receptionist/Office Manager to oversee the very active front desk and office at our Walnut Creek location. The Receptionist/Office Manager is an essential member of the JFCS/East Bay team and works with all staff members to ensure that the office operates smoothly and professionally. This person is the first point of contact for clients, donors, and community members and, as such, plays a crucial role in the agency’s day-to-day operations. This position is 20 hours per week, Monday through Thursday (preferably 9am to 2pm).
- Answer all calls, transfer calls, and respond to questions from incoming callers; monitor and respond to agency email and voicemail as necessary.
- Greet clients and community members and ensure that they are assisted.
- Assist in ordering supplies for the Walnut Creek office; monitor and manage deliveries of supplies, equipment, and inventory.
- Keep all agency forms copied and stocked; keep agency brochures in lobby stocked.
- Distribute daily mail; meter and process outgoing mail as needed.
- Keep lobby, copy room, kitchen, and other common areas neat and organized.
- Compile materials and prepare conference rooms for meetings as needed.
- Assist staff with administrative tasks as needed.
- Provide computer and equipment trouble shooting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience, interest, and comfort in serving people from a variety of ethnic, religious, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Patience and experience working with clients (and sometimes staff) who are under stress.
- Knowledge and experience in office procedures, including business correspondence and record keeping systems; experience and accuracy with Word and Excel.
- Experience in answering multi-line phone system.
- Polite, friendly manner; sense of humor; and clear, audible voice.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and juggle a number of tasks at once.
- In addition to proficiency in English, ability to speak other languages is highly desired.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.