Jewish Community Safety Net
We support local East Bay Jewish families going through challenging times.
Comprehensive care for every individual and family
JFCS East Bay’s Jewish Community Safety Net program helps to stabilize Jewish community members in the East Bay who are going through challenging times. The program offers:
- Emergency Financial Assistance: Focused on helping people with basic needs, such as food, housing, utilities, medical care, home care, and transportation.
- Information & Navigation Services: Information, referrals, and assistance in accessing other community resources.
- Benefits Enrollment Assistance: Applying for unemployment insurance, Medi-Cal, CalFresh food assistance, and other benefits.
- Food Delivery: For seniors and families with particular needs, JFCS East Bay provides funds for volunteers to shop and deliver groceries.
- Mental Health Services: Therapy services over the phone or video chat can include crisis intervention, short-term counseling, and linkage to longer-term and psychiatric services.