JFCS East Bay’s highly skilled geriatric social workers provide personalized aging consultation and assessment to seniors and their families.
Services include evaluating physical health, mental health, medical history, social connection, family support, and home safety. We can also work with the family to create a care plan, outlining recommendations and providing resources to address each client’s particular challenges.
With their deep knowledge of community resources, our social workers can save our clients time, money, and frustration. JFCS East Bay’s aging consultation services are charged by the hour, with a sliding scale available. You may also be interested in our Home Care program, which includes care management support from our social workers at no additional charge.
JFCS East Bay provides consultation with families around the following issues, depending on each client’s needs:
- Safety assessment.
- Referrals for home modifications.
- Assessment for isolation and loneliness.
- Hospital discharge to home or facility.
- Skilled nursing discharge to home.
- Home to facility.
Home Care Support
- Assess care needed for aging in place.
- Assess care needed in long-term settings.
- Assess care needed for recovery.
- Referrals for legal and financial services.
- Review options for aging in place.
- Review choices for senior residences.
Dementia Care and Family Support
- Referrals for medical care and evaluation.
- Referrals for Adult Day Care and respite.
- Recommendations and problem-solving for managing challenging behaviors.
Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- Emotional and practical support.
- Assistance with advanced care planning.
- Education and information about hospice and palliative care.
Family Caregivers Support Program in Contra Costa County
- Assess the caregiver’s situation.
- Counseling for family caregivers.
- Case management for family caregivers.
- Support groups.
- Respite for family caregivers’ self-care.