COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Programs
In response to the unprecedented surge of community need, JFCS East Bay has launched two emergency programs.
Our COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Program is open to current agency clients of all backgrounds, including immigrants, refugees, and low-income families of color.
The Jewish Community Safety Net serves any East Bay Jew in need.
Both programs offer the same basic services:
- Emergency Financial Assistance: Focused on helping people with basic needs, such as food, housing, utilities, medical care, and transportation.
- Information & Navigation Services: Information, referrals, and assistance in accessing other community resources.
- Benefits Enrollment Assistance: Applying for unemployment insurance, Medi-Cal, CalFresh food assistance, and other benefits.
- Food Delivery: For vulnerable seniors and families with particular needs, JFCS East Bay provides funds for volunteers to shop and deliver groceries.
- Telephone Support: Check-in contact from social workers and trained volunteers provides support and comfort to those who are fearful and isolated.
- Mental Health Services: Therapy services over the phone or video chat can include crisis intervention, short-term counseling, and linkage to longer-term and psychiatric services.
We are here for you. If you or someone you know could benefit from Jewish Community Safety Net services, we can be reached in several ways:
- (510) 704-7480, ext. 716
Current agency clients can access assistance through the COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Program by contacting their social worker.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
If you are interested in supporting these programs, donations to the Jewish Community Safety Net can be made here and donations to the COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Program can be made here. Thank you.