Donate Household Items
Many of the people we serve in our community have faced inequities and often are starting over with few resources. We welcome your donations ofhigh quality and like-new household items for those making a new home. If we can accept the items, JFCS East Bay will provide you with a receipt for your tax-deductible donation.
Please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the items you wish to donate. For furniture, please includea picture with your email. If we accept the items, we will arrange a drop-off location either at our storage unit in Walnut Creek or our Concord office. Please note that we are not able to offer pick-up service. Thank you for your generosity!
Household donation items we can accept.
- Area rugs
- Lightweight bookshelves
- Small kitchen tables
- Kitchen chairs
- Coffee tables
- Small wood side tables
- Small dressers
- Mattresses (twin and full, free of stains/damage)
- Metal bed frames (twin and full)
- Shoe racks
- Flat screen TV’s w/ cables
- Bikes (for men/women/children, easily repairable and rideable)
- Car Seats/Strollers (clean, like new )
Household donation items we cannot accept.
- Oversized chairs
- Queen- or king-sized beds
- Head/foot boards for beds
- Large dining tables
- Used kitchen items (i.e.,dishes, utensils, appliances)
- Bedding orowels
- Stuffed animals
- Highchairs, baby walkers or cribs
We are grateful for items purchased from our Gift Registry, which is updated based on current needs.
All in-kind donations, including those sent from our Gift Registry, are tax deductible!
Please email email@example.com to request a receipt for your in-kind donation.
Thank you for your generosity and support.
Donate Your Car
When you donate your car, truck, RV, boat, motorcycle, or other vehicle to JFCS East Bay, we use the sale proceeds to fund vital programs and services for immigrants andrefugees, children and parents, seniors, andHolocaust survivors throughout Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
We accept almost any type of car donation, whether the car is operating or not–from anywhere in the United States whichmeets the following basic requirements:
- The vehicle title is clear
- The vehicle is tow truck accessible
How to Donate Your Vehicle
Call us toll-free at (844) 510-4483
Our Donor Support Representatives are available seven days a week to help you through the car donation process from start to finish.
Schedule your free pickup when it’s most convenient for you—from your home, business, or repair shop.We’ll handle the rest!
You’ll receive an initial donation receipt from the tow driver at the time of your vehicle pickup. You will then be mailed a tax receipt within 30 days of the completion of the sale if your vehicle sells for more than $500.
Donate Gift Cards
Gift cards empower the recipients to purchase exactly what they know they need. We recommend purchasing gift cards from our Gift Registry.
Some of the East Bay families and individuals served by this program include:
- Newcomer refugee families from Afghanistan, now arriving in unprecedented numbers
- War refugees from Ukraine
- Immigrants and asylum seekers from Central America
- Families and people of color with young children, who already face inequities and are now being directly impacted by tough economic times
- LGBTQ refugees and asylees, many from Africa and Latin America, who fled their countries because of persecution
Gift cards or other items from our Gift Registry are delivered directly to our office in Concord.
There are other ways to participate directly by giving gift cards:
- Purchase Target cards or Walmart cards online and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purchase gift cards and mail them to our office:
JFCS East Bay
Attn: Volunteer Services
2151 Salvio St., Suite 350
Concord, CA 94520
- Purchase gift cards and deliver them to us in person. You can email us at email@example.com to make safe, in-person delivery arrangements.
The most useful cards to provide are Target, Walmart, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, Amazon, Visa. Denominations of $50 to $200 are most appreciated.
We are happy to provide receipts for your tax-deductible donations! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a receipt for any items or gifts that you have donated.
This is not a one-time crisis response. Families are still arriving and need your help.
We are still resettling three to four Afghan families each week. They continue to arrive as they make their way from third-party countries where they found temporary refuge. These families need ongoing rental assistance, English language classes, medical services, legal aid on their path to citizenship, and all of the services described above.
We still urgently need your generosity to make this happen.