Holiday Giving Program
Every December, JFCS East Bay’s Holiday Giving Program collects gift cards donated by our community and provides them to refugee and low-income families throughout Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Gift cards empower recipients to purchase the gifts or necessities they know they need, and can choose for their children.
Holiday Giving Program – Gift Cards and Gift Registry!
For our 17th year, we ask you to join us in providing direct assistance to over 300 families and individuals this holiday season. We are asking our community to provide gift cards and items purchased from our Gift Registry. The gift cards will empower recipients to purchase the gifts or necessities they know they need; the gifts on our registry reflect a wide range of our most requested items and will be distributed to clients across the agency.
Here are examples of the East Bay families and individuals served through this program:
- Newcomer refugee families from Afghanistan, now arriving in numbers never before seen.
- Immigrants and asylum seekers from Central America.
- Families and people of color with young children, who already face inequities and are now being directly impacted by these tough economic times.
- LGBTQ refugees and asylees, many from Africa and Latin America, who fled their countries because of persecution.
There are four ways to participate:
- Purchase Target cards or Walmart cards online and email them to email@example.com.
- Purchase gift cards and mail to our office: JFCS East Bay, attn: Ami Dodson, 2151 Salvio St., Suite 350, Concord, CA 94520.
- Purchase gift cards and deliver in person: email Ami at firstname.lastname@example.org to make safe, in-person delivery arrangements.
- Purchase gift cards or other items from our Gift Registry. These are delivered directly to our office in Concord.
Best cards to provide: Target, Walmart, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, Amazon, Visa. Denominations of $50 to $200 are most appreciated.
We can provide receipts for your tax-deductible donation! Please contact Wendy Greenberg at email@example.com to request a receipt.
Thank you for supporting your community this holiday season!