Jewish Community Safety Net
JFCS East Bay’s Jewish Community Safety Net program is designed to help stabilize Jewish community members in the East Bay who are going through challenging times. The program offers emergency financial assistance alongside information/navigation services, benefits application assistance, ongoing telephone support, food delivery services, and mental health support.
The Jewish Community Safety Net includes the following services:
- Emergency Financial Assistance: Focused on helping people with basic needs, such as food, housing, utilities, medical care, and transportation.
- Information & Navigation Services: Information, referrals, and assistance in accessing other community resources.
- Benefits Enrollment Assistance: Applying for unemployment insurance, Medi-Cal, CalFresh food assistance, and other benefits.
- Food Delivery: For seniors and families with particular needs, JFCS East Bay provides funds for volunteers to shop and deliver groceries.
- Mental Health Services: Therapy services over the phone or video chat can include crisis intervention, short-term counseling, and linkage to longer-term and psychiatric services.
If you are in need of assistance, please fill out and submit the form below. You can also reach us at
or (510) 704-7475, ext. 716.
If you would like to support this program, please contribute to our JFCS East Bay 365 Campaign.