Youth Ambassador Program
Becoming a JFCS East Bay Youth Ambassador is a great opportunity for you to fulfill any service hours you may have for your high school graduation requirements, or to participate in a mitzvah project for your upcoming b’nai mitzvah. We estimate that our Youth Ambassadors spend around 3-5 hours on their projects, although you can certainly dedicate more time if you’d like.
As a Youth Ambassador you can:
- Learn about the work we do at JFCS East Bay to help refugees and immigrants from around the world establish new lives in the East Bay
- Create a flyer to promote to your neighborhood or leadership groups at school to request items for our refugee families
- Give everyone 2-3 weeks to source the items
- Collect everything at the end of the donation period – bring in friends or helpers if you need!
- Deliver to JFCS East Bay and meet us in person to learn more about our work and give us the opportunity to thank you
- Receive your Youth Ambassador Certificate and a special thank you gift from JFCS East Bay
There are several different options for items to collect. Our most needed items are:
- Newly purchased socks and underwear of all sizes, genders, and styles
- Games and toys for kids of all ages
- Bike helmets, bike locks, tire pumps or other miscellaneous bike accessories to go along with the bicycles that JFCS East Bay provides to every client
- Backpacks stuffed with school supplies such as pencils, pens, crayons, markers, notebooks, folders, staplers, glue sticks, paper, tape, lunchboxes, and other related items
- Newly purchased small stuffed animals for young children to provide them with a comfort toy
Want to collect something different? Just let us know!
We are very excited about this new program, and so grateful for your support of it. To get started, please contact Ami Dodson at email@example.com or 925-644-7530 to schedule your initial phone interview.